I think I’ve mentioned a few times that I went to Carrollton. I bet you couldn’t tell, right? I don’t fit the bill. I’m not at all your typical Carrollton girl. Ok, you can stop laughing now. I’ve been hearing for my entire life that I’m “such a Carrollton girl.” I don’t really know what that means, but it’s typically something negative. Which sucks because, in my opinion, all the girls that graduated in my class are awesome and have gone on to do awesome things. No one really ended up doing nothing with their life, so I guess being a Carrollton girl isn’t all that bad.
But, for the first time since I started this website, this post isn’t about me. It’s about my friend named Paula. She’s a stylist and her work is impeccable. And guess what? She graduated from Carrollton! This is her. Isn’t she so cute? Yeah, well she’s talented too.
When I approached her about this photo shoot, we immediately made a group chat with my makeup/hair stylist and photographer. There we all talked about the vibe for the shoot and from there she took charge. She arrived to my home complete with clothes rack and accessories galore. It was definitely one of the funnest days I’ve had in a really long time.
As I was doing my hair and makeup, she handed me a beautiful curated “look book” of different styles. By the time I was ready, the clothes was hanging in my bedroom and we began trying on clothes to see what fit and what looked good. We started with what was most appealing to me and worked our way back.
Look at that rack. OMG I was obsessed. All of the colors, the textures, everything–it was perfect. It was everything I imagined it to be and super on the nose. Very RFT. This photo shoot was of my house, so we went with a total of four looks. Once we picked the looks, we went on to accessories.
Everything is in the look book you’ll see on top and it’s even more amazing in person. Working with a stylist, in my opinion, seemed daunting before I worked with Paula. She really did make the experience so fun and relaxing that the end of the day brought on a new meaning to the word.
What I loved:
- She brought me options. She brought a variety of clothes ranging in style and price.
- Everything is on consignment so if you don’t love something, she sends it back.
- She can help you curate your entire closet, wardrobe for a weekend getaway, or a special look for a wedding.
- Her prices are reasonable! For everything that she offers, she charges a 20% commission. Hell, I’d pay a lot more than that so I wouldn’t have to step into a department store and/or order online.
- She is organized! Because you have the look book and clothes hanging, you can automatically discard something you’re not into trying or even seeing. It can also help you pin point what you absolutely love and need and desire.
- She is knowledgeable about the designers she’s bringing and the quality of the products.
- She is honest. If something doesn’t look right, she isn’t going to push you into keeping it. She wants you to look your best because it’s a reflection of her work.
You absolutely have to follow her instagram page! She posts about her work but also cute ideas for how to style clothes in her stories. She’s definitely inspired me to purchase a few things. I love her! (Santiago does not!)